Tuesday, May 14, 2013

A Funny Story and A Funny Song

I'm going to attempt to do this memey thing called 30 Days of Song. I will not post this every day, because oh-my-pants-I'm-bored-already. Instead I'll post once or twice a week, as I feel like. So there. I am unrepentantly stealing this from Jen O. at My Tornado Alley. She rocks. I'm not sure if she stole it from somewhere, but here we go. 

Also, we are in the home stretch ya'll. We may finish this before I die.

A Song that Makes Me Laugh

When I was in high school, I needed (for some possibly-academic-team-related reason) to call a boy who was a couple-three years older than I was. I was strangely nervous. Because, you know, older boy. Teehee. When the phone rang, I did exactly what my grandmother had taught me to do, "Hello, this is Jessi, may I please speak to Cthulu*?" His mother told me, sweetly, that I could not because he and his friend Godzilla were at a concert in Cincinnati. "Oh. Do you know who they went to see?" I'm not even sure why I asked. I mean, it didn't make any difference. I guess I thought it was polite conversation, or maybe I thought I could ask him how it was when I did get to talk to him.

"Hm..." she replied, "They may be tall?" After excusing myself and wondering what their height had to do with anything, I finished my homework, did what I did and went to bed. Lying there in the dark, staring at the ceiling, waiting for sleep, I suddenly started laughing. They Might be Giants.

*His name wasn't really Cthulu. But it would have been cooler if it was.



Day 1 - Your Favorite Song - White Blank Page
Day 2 - Your Least Favorite Song - Barbie Girl
Day 3 -  A Song that Makes You Happy - Birdhouse in Your Soul
Day 4 - A Song that Makes You Sad - Anna Begins
Day 5 - A Song that Reminds you of Someone - Friend of the Devil
Day 6 - A Song that Reminds you of Somewhere - Least Complicated
Day 7 - A Song that Reminds You of a Certain Event - Mrs. Potter's Lullaby
Day 8 - A Song that You Know All the Words To  - It's the End of the World as We Know It
Day 9 - A Song that You Can Dance to - Some Nights
Day 10 - A Song that Makes you Fall Asleep  - Ice Cream
Day 11 - A Song from your Favorite Band - Later On 
Day 12 - A Song from a band you Hate - Life is a Highway
Day 13 - A Song that is a Guilty Pleasure  - Loving You is the Dumbest Thing
Day 14 - A Song that No One Would Expect you to Love - Mean
Day 15 - A Song that Describes You - She Don't Want Nobody Near 
Day 16 - A Song that You Used to Love but Now Hate - Drops of Jupiter 
Day 17 - A Song that You Hear Often on the Radio - Little Talks
Day 18 - A Song that You Wish You Heard on the Radio - Grey Ghost 
Day 19 - A Song from your Favorite Album - Normal Like You 
Day 20 - A Song that You Listen to When You're Angry  - Not Ready to Make Nice
Day 21 - A Song that you Listen to when You're Happy 
Day 22 - A Song that you Listen to when You're Sad  - Angel Mine
Day 23 - A Song that you Want to Play at your Wedding - Friday I'm in Love
Day 24 - A Song that you Want to Play at your Funeral - Good
Day 25 - A Song that Makes you Laugh (today)
Day 26 - A Song that you Can Play on an Instrument
Day 27 - A Song that you Wish you Could Play
Day 28 - A Song that Makes you Feel Guilty
Day 29 - A Song from Your Childhood
Day 30 - Your Favorite Song at this Time Last Year

No comments: