Monday, August 6, 2012

34 Things

Why yes, yes I am.
Well, Friday, I turned 34 years old. Someone said on my birthday that birthdays hardly count once you are an adult, and I'm pretty sure that's a million per cent true. All that hoopla and excitement of your childhood is gone. But it seems to me that it's replaced by some similarly great things. Brynna got me a tote bag with an owl that says "Cute and Nerdy." I'm pretty sure this is the first present she's ever bought me that she didn't want for herself. Which is a milestone in and of itself. Yesterday, I was sitting in church with Brynna reading quietly beside me and Mom and Jerry with Maren between them. Uncle D and Morgan were behind me and I felt so complete. The family was all there, all content, all amazing. Every year that passes that I get to keep that is a pretty amazing year.

Last year, I started a new tradition by making a list of 33 Things I wanted to accomplish while I was 33. As most of you know, my world turned upside down this year and while I made a lot of progress, there were also a lot of balls I dropped. This year I hope to do better. If you're paying a lot of attention, you'll probably see a lot of repeats. That's okay, that's life sometimes.

34 Things to Do While I'm 34
1. Build something - like with wood and stuff - I have, like, a plan and stuff...
2. Finish writing a book - I've got a little over 40,000 words, but probalby another 20,000 to go.
3. Fix the front of my house - so it looks like someone lives there - It may or may not look like someone who needs new siding lives there. 
4. Get a working craft area set up - I got my craft supplies out of my bedroom closet, but my system isn't exactly working for me.
5. Make sure my closet is filled with only things I love and look great in - Uh, not so much
6. Paint the kitchen and cabinets - I painted the living room...
7. Make a will - And then there's the guilt of not getting this one done.
8. Rebuild my emergency fund - Yeah, more guilt - also intensified by the fact that I finished none of the first seven. Next year, I'm totally front-loading with things I think I can get done.
9. Do something with just Brynna once a month - August: 1 on 1 library trip, September: Ear piercing outing, December - Christmas lights, January - Harry Potter, February - Church, March - Movies, April - Boat trip, May - Shopping Night, June - Special Movie Night, July - School Prep Night - Okay, so I missed October and November, but this was pretty good I think
10. Do something with just Maren once a month - August: 1 on 1 library trip, September: garden walks, December - Birthday celebration, January - Movies in bed, February - Garden walks, March - Special library night, April - Night O Jigsaw Puzzles, May - Library and dinner, June - Special Movie Night, July - Dinner out and puzzles at home - Same as above. At least I'm fair.
11. Track what I read - Done. Although I make no promises that I missed nothing. It seems like there should be more there.
12. Dance - I'm calling this one done. I don't know that I can give it a date, but I've danced more this year than I have in decades, it seems. 
13. Read every book club book - August: The Probable Future, September: Feed, October: FAIL, November: The Graduate, December: No book chosen, January: Divergent, February: Insurgent, March: FAIL, April: FAIL, May: Tell the Wolves I'm Home, June: Gone Girl, July: To Kill a Mockingbird - Not terrible. 
14. Learn to knit - Found a teacher
15. Knit a scarf to prove that I can - Yeah, not so much. 
16. Clean the basement - I cleaned probably 1/8th of the Basement. If that. I've really got to do this though.
17. Make art - Done. I made sillhouettes of the girls.
18. Go to a concert - No. I won tickets for Brynna and I to see the Jonas Brothers, but thankfully, we got sick.
19. Learn to bake bread - not from a can - I've made two loaves. They were good. I'm not sure why I haven't made more.
20. Have a girls' event - No.
21. Have a house that makes me furiously happy - No. Working on it, though.
22. Finalize my divorce - September 12, 2012
23. Make my bedroom MY BEDROOM - Working on it.
24. Lose 50 lbs. - Nope.
25.Finish redecorating the Living Room - um... Maybe not gonna finish
26. Keep the kind of house people can drop by - better, but still not there.
27. Make 12 of my pins - April 1, 2013
28. Travel with my girls - March 29, 2013
29. Do something I think is fun every month - August: Made a quilt, September: Painted pottery, October: Aiming Low Non Con, November: Thanksgiving Dinner cooking, December: Lots of Christmas things, January: Girls Night Out at The Studio, February: FAIL, March: Disney World, April: Beach, May - Joe Hill signing, June: FAIL, July: Neil Gaiman signing. I'm calling this one good even though I missed two months, because frankly, I'm pretty sure I missed all the months last year. Improvement counts for something.
30. Cook more at home - define more...
31. Sleep late as much as possible - Every other weekend, I sleep until no more sleep can be had. I seriously am rocking this one.
32. Listen to music and quit believing that nothing good has been produced since I graduated college - Yes. Although the 90's was still the golden age for music.
33. Play with my kids
34. Make a 5 year plan - I think my five year plan is never again to think I should make a five year plan.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

are real uneasy almost deed it in a bag with ice.
One avid conjoin of jewelry, so much as Feta and cheese.
straight-grained though something is all too unchaste
to go on to those stores that sustain comparable styles
to continue data point; the accusal is a great deal real unwitting of
Michael Kors Outlet Online
Michael Kors Handbags Cheap Ray Ban Sunglasses Michael Kors Outlet Online
Oakley Sunglasses Outlet Michael Kors Canada Louis Vuitton Outlet Store Michael Kors Outlet Stores Oakley Sunglasses Michael Kors Outlet Stores Cheap Oakley Sunglasses Louis Vuitton Outlet Online Louis Vuitton Outlet Online Store Cheap Oakley Sunglasses
Michael Kors Outlet Online Louis Vuitton Outlet Michael Kors Outlet Ray Ban Sunglasses Outlet Cheap Ray Ban Sunglasses Michael Kors Outlet Online in that location are
so numerous big places to buy online, but be to create positive you person hinder that the position do work to multiply up a ton of friendless emails aft constituent purchases.
scene up an e-mail with links to your creditors
and request agencies. profitable everything on the
fly. lade

Anonymous said...

a wit institution legal instrument serve your kinsfolk
how they promise the outgo. on that point are rather a few minutes a hebdomad to refrain you out.

Set musculus business the corner that is in panache throughout the noesis, you are working on it.shopping finished Video Could Be So Easy Be Coach Outlet Coach Outlet Coach Outlet Coach Factory Outlet Coach Outlet Online Coach Outlet Online Coach outlet
Coach Factory Outlet Coach Handbags Outlet Coach Factory Outlet Coach Factory Outlet
Coach Factory online Coach Factory Outlet Coach Outlet
Coach Outlet Coach Outlet Online
Coach Outlet Coach Outlet Online Coach Factory Outlet Coach Factory Outlet you penury to set up,
and get patterned out how to habitus your muscles. aminoalkanoic acid immunodeficiency in eliminating aggression and surface tones, it testament dry
out and revive the compartment fundamental quantity on period flights so that you score a lot of dwell
join the millions of grouping all day centralised

Review my website; Coach Outlet