Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Guilty Pleasure Song

I'm going to attempt to do this memey thing called 30 Days of Song. I will not post this every day, because oh-my-pants-I'm-bored-already. Instead I'll post once or twice a week, as I feel like. So there. I am unrepentantly stealing this from Jen O. at My Tornado Alley. She rocks. I'm not sure if she stole it from somewhere, but here we go. 

A Song that's a Guilty Pleasure

Okay, so I've tried to kinda keep it clean, here. I did/am still sort of doing that whole "pants" thing. (Side note: it's really helped me with the not cussing in front of the kids thing, and it's kinda hillariuos when they say it.) And some of the songs I've featured have had a little bit of grit, but nothing downright offensive. But here's the thing - the category is Guilty Pleasure. That means that it has to give me pleasure while making me feel guilty. (There's no way to write that sentence without it sounding dirty.) So--WARNING--explicit lyrics. There you go. Now, here's the story:

Some nights, things are rough for me. And when they are, I almost always turn to music. I'm not a musical person. Seriously, it's scary how little aptitude I have for the musical arts. And very little appreciation, either. Once, in high school, someone made mention of a song only having three chords and I thought it was pretty cool you could write a whole song out of only three chords. Anyway, I'm a lyrics girl. And sometimes, lyrics say the things that you can't. Because you just can't come up with the words or make them beautiful enough. And sometimes, lyrics say the things you can't because you're a nice girl. For better or worse.



Day 1 - Your Favorite Song - White Blank Page
Day 2 - Your Least Favorite Song - Barbie Girl
Day 3 -  A Song that Makes You Happy - Birdhouse in Your Soul
Day 4 - A Song that Makes You Sad - Anna Begins
Day 5 - A Song that Reminds you of Someone - Friend of the Devil
Day 6 - A Song that Reminds you of Somewhere - Least Complicated
Day 7 - A Song that Reminds You of a Certain Event - Mrs. Potter's Lullaby
Day 8 - A Song that You Know All the Words To  - It's the End of the World as We Know It
Day 9 - A Song that You Can Dance to - Some Nights
Day 10 - A Song that Makes you Fall Asleep  - Ice Cream
Day 11 - A Song from your Favorite Band - Later On 
Day 12 - A Song from a band you Hate - Life is a Highway
Day 13 - A Song that is a Guilty Pleasure (today) - Loving You is the Dumbest Thing
Day 14 - A Song that No One Would Expect you to Love
Day 15 - A Song that Describes You
Day 16 - A Song that You Used to Love but Now Hate
Day 17 - A Song that You Hear Often on the Radio
Day 18 - A Song that You Wish You Heard on the Radio
Day 19 - A Song from your Favorite Album
Day 20 - A Song that You Listen to When You're Angry
Day 21 - A Song that you Listen to when You're Happy
Day 22 - A Song that you Listen to when You're Sad
Day 23 - A Song that you Want to Play at your Wedding
Day 24 - A Song that you Want to Play at your Funeral
Day 25 - A Song that Makes you Laugh
Day 26 - A Song that you Can Play on an Instrument
Day 27 - A Song that you Wish you Could Play
Day 28 - A Song that Makes you Feel Guilty
Day 29 - A Song from Your Childhood
Day 30 - Your Favorite Song at this Time Last Year

No comments: