This year's list is giving me fits. I'm having a really hard time coming up with things that I really feel strongly about doing and also think are moderately accomplish-able. For instance, I'd like to go to Alaska. I know that I will not be able to afford Alaska in the next 12 months. (Baring amazing.)
So, here we go. The best I can come up with.
35 Things to Do While I'm 35
- Consistently make my kids do chores - Much improvement. Maybe not "consistent" yet, though.
- Finish my book (take 2) - Whistling and looking the other way.
- Make the front of my house look like someone lives there (take 2)
- See 6 non-kid movies in the theater - Catching Fire, Veronica Mars, Divergent, Captain America: Winter Soldier, Occulus, Maleficent, The Fault in Our Stars, X-Men: Days of Future Past - completed 6/20/2014
- More music - less TV
- Start work on my kitchen - Mudroom phase 1 complete, colors chosen, office removed
- Make a will - completed 7/20/2014
- Rebuild my emergency fund (take 2)
- Have a game night with the girls at least once a month - Succeeded in August, October, December, January and February - game night is totally overrated, right?
- Take way more pictures of the kids - eh.
- Take way more pictures of myself - the year of the selfie
- Open my Etsy shop
- Track what I read
- Read at least 60 books - 28. Shut up.
- Learn to knit (take 3) - completed 2/21/2014
- Knit a scarf to prove I can (take 3) - working on it
- Clean the basement - In progress
- Have a bookcase in every room (except the bathroom) - Living Room, Maren's Room, Kitchen, My Room, Brynna's Room - Done!!
- Quit it with the Pop-Tarts - Pop Tarts once, not bad...
- Dress like me - better...
- Make my bedroom into my happy place - new bed in progress, colors chosen, new bedding
- Get housecleaning under control - working so hard on this!
- Make 20 of my pins
- Take the girls somewhere they've never been
- Do something fun for me every month - January - aquarium, March - Veronica Mars, April - Captain America, May - Montessori fundraiser, June - X-Men, August - drive in
- Play with the kids (again)
- Add to my zombie apocalypse skill list - does knitting count?
- Walk 200 miles
- Go on a first date - done
- Write something every day
- Crochet more - I crocheted more this December than I have in the past year combined.
- Spend more time doing things that I love
- Spend more time with people I love
- Never read more than 100 pages of a book I hate
- Laugh loud and often