Finally, at about 2:00 pm, I dragged myself out of bed, showered and headed to town, thanking the powers that be that my kids had spent the night with my mom.
I was a little freaked out about it, but then I got to talking to my mom and I realized a few things:
- I've actually had trouble getting out of bed all last week and even slept through my alarm once for the first time in forever, I think.
- Twice last week, I took a "nap" in car line.
- I've literally dragged my kids kicking and screaming out of bed all last week while they complained that it was still night.
- Brynna had collapsed a little bit before bedtime for the previous three nights, even willingly foregoing bedtime stories one night.
- Maren has been a pain in my hiney lately. I've got no explanation for this, as she is supposed to be happy-go-lucky and a delight.
So, my current theory is that we were all suffering from some sort of sleeping bug? Does such a thing exist? Maren has had a raspy voice and runny nose, but otherwise we've had no symptoms of anything else between the three of us. Just extreme exhaustion and sleepiness. Dr. Google thinks I should get more sleep, drink more water and exercise more. Considering that all three of us had these symptoms for about a week, and are now starting to move away from them (I cleaned the kitchen last night and didn't go to bed until eleven, but I slept through the alarm for a while this morning), I kinda think that's not the whole story.
What do you think? Sleepy time bug? Or just crazy pants blogger?