Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Morning Memoirs

An excerpt from a recent drive-to-school-conversation:

Brynna: Mommy, what's that?

Me: What's what?

Brynna: That

Me: Brynna, you're not pointing, I can't tell what you are looking at.

Brynna: That thing. Behind the fence.

Me: I don't see a fence.

Brynna: We already passed it.

Me: Oh, I don't know then.

Brynna: Mooommmyyyyy. What is it? What is it?

Me: Honey, I don't know, but I promise to look on the way home.

Brynna: Noooo, I need to know before school. What is it?

Me: I don't know.

Brynna: Pllleeeeaaassseeee tell me. I neeeeed to knooooow. What is it? What is it? What is it?

Me: What did it look like?

Brynna: It was sharp and shaped funny and behind the fence by the tractor.

Me: Oh, well it was a farm-y thing, then.

Brynna: Oh.

There are plenty of days in my life where that wouldn't have worked. In fact, 90% of my days that wouldn't have worked. I celebrate the little things.

By the way, she was right to be persistent. It was gone when we were going home.

No comments: