Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I think I'm going to hibernate for summer

I have been in all-out hibernation mode for the past week. I don't know what's wrong with me. I want to yell and scream to my inner bear that her clock is all screwed up and it's April for the love of all that's good and holy!

I can't seem to stop eating. And I am eating all of the wrong things. I don't want pasta in a light sauce or salad or fabulous sandwiches. I want pot pie and macaroni and cheese and scalloped potatoes. I want comfort food. I want winter food. And I don't know WHY!!

This is usually my healthiest time of year. I automatically start eating fruit and salad and I make the best darned sandwiches you ever did see. I get sad about my lack of grill and I start trying to make things taste like they were grilled even though they weren't. I am most likely to try fish in April. In addition, I am flooded with an unholy desire to walk everywhere. "It's Saturday, let's walk to the store!" "Why, what are you getting?" "Who cares! Let's walk!"

I also drink water like it might disappear from the Earth tomorrow during a normal April. But not right now, right now I am repulsed by the thought of a nice glass of ice water and I want Coke, dammit. Coke is good and friendly and full of hibernating sugar goodness.

I am going to gain 40 lbs. over SPRING!! I never gain weight in the Spring and in fact, I always weigh less in the Summer than the winter, so none of my summer clothes, which I did not ever LOOK at last year are going to fit!! Whine, whine, whiney, whine, whine.

Maybe it's the insanely cold spring we are having here. Usually by now, it's bordering on hot. I am digging through drawers trying to come up with something warm weather-y without going after my stored away summer clothes. But not this year. This year, I am trying to keep Brynna in warm clothes despite the fact that all of her sweats are 2 inches too short and she still hates jeans. (If someone can explain to me why size 5 sweats are too short and size 5 jeans are too long regardless of brand, I'd be much obliged.)

If spring doesn't spring soon in my diet, I am going to lose my mind. In the meantime, I'm all out of coke and cookies so I have to go now. I'm going to try for water and almonds, but I bet I end up back with coke and cookies.

No comments: