Friday, April 17, 2009

Colors

My little brother and my dad swear, I mean SWEAR that there are only 16 colors in existence. (You basically take your little basic box of eight crayolas, add the words light and dark to the beginning of each of them (except black - substitute gray and red - subsitute pink) and you've got all the colors in creation.

Don't even try to talk to them about teal or aquamarine or salmon. They won't listen.

Today, I have found the coolest "proof" of their color inadequacy ever!! http://tx4.us/nbs/nbs-a.htm

Go ahead, click on it, you know you want to. What you will find on this site is a long, long page of color samples. I love Abbey (the very first one) I want to paint something that color. Maybe my basement. That's a good basement color I think. Keep scrolling and you'll find anthracene violet, which I am also quite fond of. Keep scrolling some more and you will discover the best surprise ever!! It's only the a's. There are 25 more long, long pages of colors. I mean Q and Z are kinda short, but not as short as you think.

I want this crayola box. Seriously. I am in love with this site. Go click.

Note: I didn't get a picture of crochet taken last night so I'll post what's in my crochet bag either tonight or tomorrow. I still haven't taken the inside out sleeve off of that sweater, either. I hate screwing up and I never want to take all the time and energy to correct it. I almost feel the need to just toss the whole freakin' thing, but considering even with the sleeve drama I've only got about an hour's more work to do on about a ten hour project, I think I should suck it up and fix it.

No comments: