Friday, March 13, 2009

Friday Waste of Blog

I really want to make this whole feature thing work. Almost all of my favorite blogs run a feature and I really like saying "Oh, well, I run a feature on my blog..." It makes me feel important and special. Not quite like a rock star, but at least like the guy who walks out on stage to bring the rock star her other guitar.

Here's the thing, though. I am going to have to discontinue the Friday Waste of Yarn, due to lack of intelligent forethought on my part.

Item 1: I know nothing about copyright laws, but I know enough to know that the sentence "posting other people's pictures of other people's crochet of other people's patterns" probably has too many other people in it to mess with posting pics.

Item 2: I decided to solve this issue by crocheting this crap myself to post.

Item 3: When I sat down with my pattern for (I kid you not) a toilet paper cozie that looks like sushi, I realized something. I don't want this crap in my house! I don't want to spend time and yarn making this crap! Whose idea was this anyway?!? Mine, oh, well... I'm sure it made sense at the time.

Item 4: I call it a waste of yarn for a reason and I can't bring myself to do it.

Item 5: I'm really out of items here, but I love item lists and I just needed one more to make it a nice even 5 (which is really an odd number but always seems so neat and tidy and, well, even.)

So, if you were looking forward to a waste of yarn today, google sushi toilet paper cover and imagine what could have been.

Otherwise, I need to come up with a new feature. Hmm.... I have been thinking about this all day and I have "In my crochet bag" where I show you what I'm working on this week, "Paperback in my purse" where I give you a short, pithy and hopefully funny review of the book I'm reading right now, "Favorite blog of the week" where I introduce you to someone who is even wittier than me or "Friday Failure" where I point out my biggest shortcoming of the week (which, again, I would try to make funny).

Any opinions?

In the meantime:
I am not crocheting anything right now, because of the sushi incident. I plan on starting a hat tomorrow, though. For Maren, not me. I have got to get rid of all the baby colored yarn I have so I have space to buy some more colors.

I am reading The Watchmen which is awesome and proves that graphic novels are literature too. I don't understand why some people are so anti-graphic novel, it's still a book, with words and plot and character development and crap. It's sort of alternate history and I really am enjoying it. Even superheroes get the blues, apparently.

My favorite blog this week is www.dooce.com. You've got to love a woman who not only posts her hatemail but makes you pity the person who wrote it rather than the person for whom it was written. (Look, I used the word whom, I don't do that enough.)

This week's failure is sleeping. I haven't slept more than a few hours a night all week. And you know what the worst part is, the absolute cream on top of that crappy cupcake? Maren is sleeping through the night. It's no one's fault but mine that the earliest I've gotten to bed this week is 12:45. I am old, and sleep deprived, and bitter.

So, there you have it. A week in the life of Jessi. Seriously, help me out here and vote on a feature.

No comments: