Monday, March 16, 2009

Sick Kids

I am going to make a confession, right here for everyone to read.

I love sick kids.

Not seriously sick kids, but there is almost nothing sweeter than a little one with a cold or a mild case of the flu.

For one thing, this is the closest you get to going back in time to the days when they actually needed you. Nothing says "Still Mommy's Girl" better than a pitiful cry for tissues. Even older kids than mine become blubbering lumps of mommy-needing-goo the moment their noses start to run.

For another thing, they get so affectionate. I don't know what it is, but when Brynna is well I hear "I love you" about twice a day, if I'm lucky. I mostly get eye rolls when I say it, but today she has probably said it 9,786 times.

Finally, they are so peaceful. Quiet, sleepy, beautiful little things. I should have taken pictures.

I hope she's all better in the morning but if she's not... Meh.

No comments: