Thursday, November 10, 2016

Do You Ever Dream Like This

So, the other night, I had a dream. It wasn't amazing or inspiring. In it, I was in a city, exploring with some friends (I interrupt this dream to tell you that I was young - teenager or a little older, I lived with two parents I believed to be my parents even though I've never met them and I had a younger brother who wasn't my real brother, but a kid only a couple years younger than me.) and I found an old friend of mine.

This person was really an old friend of mine. Someone I knew in high school and probably haven't seen in 20 years. We'll call him "Mike." Mike was an artist in real life and a talented one and in my dream, he was too. He was good and he was talented and he was sweet and kind and he needed my help.

And the dream went on and on in that way dreams do. I won't go into all the details because that's just tiring, but I promise it doesn't matter because like in most dreams it involved a lot of "and then suddenly I was..." and "and I'm not sure how, but next..."

But it doesn't matter. The important part wasn't the dream itself it was Mike. It was the lingering feeling that stuck with me about Mike. All day long, honestly all week long. I wondered about Mike. I searched for him on social media and swore that I used to be Facebook friends with him and, what happened?

I thought about sending messages out to those I knew were mutual friends, but didn't because, "I had a dream about him and wanted to make sure he was alright," sounds like a stalker or a psycho or both.

And here's the thing, I don't think I'm psychic (or psycho) but this isn't the first time this has happened to me. This isn't the first time I've had a dream about someone and then wanted to just check, just make sure everything was fine and couldn't. I don't know why. But I do and I have the hardest time shaking that feeling and now I have it again.

Make me feel better. Tell me I'm not the only one.

No comments: