That's what I thought.
Anyway, I am much, much too some word I can't think of to be coherent or to put together a list that makes sense, so here's just
Five Things (Not Related)
- I'm going to redecorate the living room again. I've been doing various stages of this since it became my living room and there was no other adult voice to tell me that my metal owls and constantly moving tables were stupid. I've painted and rearranged and taken everything off the walls and put new stuff on the walls and made art and generally taken over the living room. But it still doesn't really look like it should be my living room, because I've been stuck with this plaid furniture that I loved five or six years ago when I bought it on a whim. Don't buy sofas on a whim, even if they are super cheap and still wrapped in plastic and at the ReStore and you are terrified that if you leave they'll be sold before you can come back. You know, honestly, I don't regret the purchase, but I'm glad that they are retiring. Anyway, I have new couches coming, they are green, but they are plain green and they are deep and the sofa is really long and I can sleep on them when I can't sleep in my bed and I am so happy. So, prepare for new colors. The soft, outdoorsy mossy green is going to fit in perfectly with what's already there, but this is the beginning. I am going to have color, people! Color.
- Usually September is my month from hell. There are no free weekends in the entire month and then it's October and there are so many fun, Halloweeny things to do, but this year... This year, April is kicking my ass. I went on vacation (which was awesome, but tiring) and then it was Easter and then Brynna got baptized and then I was quitting my job and then I went to Girl Scout Camp and then I started a new job and this weekend, there are 26 things to do. It's so bad that last night, the Ex was like, "Hey, this weekend looks rough, do you need me?" Which is awesome, but then I am a stubborn, overly independent thing who totally said "What? No, I'm just blowing off about half of it." Which is true, I am, but it's going to be crazy. I'm just holding out until next weekend, when the kids are gone and the house will be quiet. In between softball games at least.
- My baby brother is getting married. He's been engaged for a few months, but the other night, they finally set the date and I am so excited. I tried to talk them into getting married on my divorciversary, but they seemed to think that would be bad luck or something. :)
- There's a comic book store within walking distance of my new office. Goodbye pocket money.
- There is no five. It's like the cake.