I have two types of favorite movies: the best movies ever and the movies that i just want to watch over and over again. The second category are movies that just make me happy, or calm or whatever. They are the macaroni and cheese of movies.
Which isn't to say that they're not good. I have excellent taste in movies. It's just they are not the best movies ever.
Anyway, here we go with my
Five Favorite Comfort Movies
1. Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist - There's something very comforting about this sweet and simple love story. It's called Kat Dennings. She is the perfect mixture of sweet and sassy, like fries and a milk shake. Plus, it's really funny. In an awkward sort of way.
Favorite quote: "I am the squire in Caroline's quest for attention."
2. Serenity - You cannot beat cowboys in space, lots of explosions, sleeper assassins and Mr. Universe. I truly love Mr. Universe. This movie was really a love letter to fans of the series Firefly and as fan, I accept, Mr. Whedon.
Favorite quote: "To hell with this, I'm gonna live."
3. John Dies at the End - This movie. I don't even know what to say about this movie, except that it is my favorite thing ever. It makes me furiously happy. The book too. There is no way I could function on a daily basis without this movie being in existence.
Favorite quote: "That's what came next, that Soy Sauce feeling. I wanted to run, to duck, to act. But the body is a slow wet mechanism of muscle and bone that crept, even as my mind flew."
4. Rent - I laugh, I cry, I love Rosario Dawson.
Favorite Quote: "I'm looking for baggage that goes with mine."
5. Steel Magnolias - This is very specifically for the days I need to cry. Because I start crying and I almost never stop. I heave great big ugly sobs while all my make-up washes down my face. My hair goes limp in sympathy for the waterworks going on here.
Favorite Quote: "You know I love you more'n my luggage."
What about you, do you have a comfort movie?