Friday, July 5, 2013

5 Things on Friday - WTH Edition

Seriously, where did my ever-loving week go? How can it possibly be 8 minutes until closing time on Friday? Is there no justice in the world? Argh.

Five Things I Didn't Get Done This Week

1. Laundry - Every stinkin' week since I got my new washer, I have sworn (with the Lord as my witness) that this is the week I catch up on laundry. I can honestly say that all three people living in my house have clean underwear, but caught up - um. No. Not even a little. Like, haven't begun to do sheets. Like, oh, hey, there's a hamper in Maren's room, too. Like, oh pants, why am I only washing shirts. Not caught up. I'd like to throw in the towel on laundry, but I don't have any clean ones.

2. Word Count - I'm doing Camp NaNoWriMo, because November sucks, ya'll. Seriously, that was just a bad idea. So far, I'm 4,000 words behind. The very helpful tools at campnanowrimo.com tell me that at this rate, I'll be done August 31. Honestly, if I'm done by August 31, I'm probably gonna go ahead and call this a win, but still. I thought I could make it my first week out.

3. House cleaning - I even had a day off. I just don't... whatever. The house'll be clean when the kids are grown.

4. Blogging - Just like laundry, every freaking week I swear that this week! I will! blog every day!!! (Monday thru Friday, I'm not insane.) Hey, 3 out of 5 ain't bad, right Meatloaf?

5. Clean out the car - We are reaching critical mass. Last night, I had to empty the trunk area of the Jeep into the back seat in the rain so that the kids and I could watch the fireworks. Then, an hour later, I had to move all that crap back into the trunk area so we could go home, like wearing seatbelts and stuff. Today I have to go to the grocery and I have no earthly idea where that stuff is going.

What about you? Did the holiday week throw you for a loop?

No comments: