Friday, November 2, 2012

Five Things on Fridays - Vampire Girls Edition

It occurs to me that I talk a lot about vampire boys. Because they are pretty. And make my eyelids flutter. But I thought I oughta give some love to the vampire ladies. Those dark damsels of distress. Those chilling chicks of the chase. So, I started thinking. And thinking. And thinking.

And here's the things: I'm so sorry boys. There just are not as many great female vampire characters for your drooling enjoyment as we ladies have. It's a pity, really. I did, however, manage to come up with

Katherine the Curly
Five Vampire Vixens of Film, Screen and Page

1. Katherine Pierce - The Vampire Diaries - Nina Dobrev (actress) - You can tell it's her, because she has curly hair. Seriously, how have the brothers not noticed that if Elena has decided to wear her hair curly, it's probably not really her, but her doppelganger, Katherine? In any case, Katherine is the one who sired the brothers, she's the one who's made Mystic Falls all vamp-paranoid, she's the reason for the Council, and she's nothing but trouble. But she's fun. And she's crazy. And she's only out for herself.


2. Star - The Lost Boys - Jami Gertz (actress) - Again, Star is the reason why all the bad stuff happens. If only she had stuck close to Keiffer, where she clearly belonged. Fun fact, Star grew up to move in next to aliens.

3. Drusilla - Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Juliet Landau (actress) - How do I count the crazy? But what Drusilla lacks in sanity and clear reason, she makes up in ruthlessness, murderous rage and freakin' weirdness. Is there nothing creepier than Dru dancing around underground playing with her creepy dolls?

Saving the world, one meal...
I mean, Man at a time.
4. Lenore - Supernatural - Amber Benson (actress) - As I was doing my research, I noticed a couple of things: mainly, that vamp girls are crazy-pants. I don't just mean a little. I mean, completely off the deep end of reason. And I wanted to balance this with Lenore. Even though she's only a two-episode character. Lenore is one of the good ones. Where ones equals people-killing monster. Actually, she doesn't kill people. And she's built a little coven of like-minded bloodsuckers. This is one of the first times that the boys trust a monster. And trust her they do. After she thoroughly convinces them that she's not eating anyone, they help her elude another hunter and tell her to get her gang and get gone. A few seasons later, Castiel kills her at her own request and for just a moment, you can see how hard it is for the boys to lose her little corner of hope.

5. Lara Raith - Dresden Novels - Jim Butcher (author) - I don't have a picture of Lara, because she never made it to series, but since White Court Vampires, in the Dresdenverse, are basically sex vampires, I think it's safe to say that she's pretty. She's also basically running the white court while letting boys play like they're important. Manipulative, but honest. Cruel, but fair. And someone who gets what she wants, to hell with the cost - Lara is a pretty amazing little lady. And she'd probably kill me slowly for calling her a little lady.

Who have I missed? Who are your favorite ladies of the night?

1 comment:

razai cover price said...

A few seasons later, Castiel kills her at her own request and for just a moment, you can see how hard it is for the boys to lose her little corner of hope.
black salwar suit women's ,
black salwar kameez ,