Over the past few days, the most sleep I got in a solid stretch was last night when I slept five hours. Why did I only sleep five hours last night? I can only assume it was because I haven't been to bed before 2 a.m. since I was seven (or Wednesday - look don't get all literal with me because I'm just not sure I can handle it right now).
So, rather than write paragraphs of witty narrative (oops) I'm going to write a list. Because lists seem easier to handle right now.
- I owe the library over $50. Because this time, when my kids lost books, they didn't have the decency to lose cheap-o easy reader titles. If I don't find these books soon, I'm going to have to move to a new county. Because I cannot live without library access.
- Partially because I've been using their free music download system and if they lock me out before I manage to download the entire Mumford and Sons repertoire at a pace of three songs a week, I will die. Die. A slow, painful death that lacks mournful, Brit accents.
- I just said Brit up there because I was not sure if I could spell British today. I always want to give it two t's.
- Other words I never spell right: Chief, Vacuum, and Executive. Please don't tell me that executive is basically phonetic and easy to spell. I don't have any idea why I can't spell that word. But it makes typing Chief Executive Officer a pain in the pants.
- On another note, I've had a headache since Saturday at 1 p.m. It waxes and wanes between unbearable and almost gone, but it has never quite gone away. I don't think I've ever had a multi-day headache. I thought it was caffeine withdrawal, so I have had enough caffeine in the last two days to power a steam engine for a month. I don't even know what that means.
- No, I do not think my caffeine consumption has anything to do with my sleep deprivation, why do you ask?
- Shut up.
- Look, I can't put down the Cherry Coke because I have to stay awake long enough to get home.
- Yes, I promise that I'll put it down the minute I walk in the door. And then I'll make pasta for supper and make the girls pick up their toys so I can feel like I improved the house today without actually doing anything. Also, I will not decide that since I can't sleep, I should probably clean off my DVR since I'm down to less than 40% free space, leading to a late night Walking Dead marathon. But last nights episode was amazing. And super-goood. And some other less trite adjective. I should just call it epic and get it over with.
- I just had a conversation with no one. Save me.