Parties I'm Still Holding Out On:
1. MP3 Players - I mean, I have one. Actually, I have two. And I get the basic concept here, but you know.. I just... Okay, here's the the thing. With bullets.
|Ah. Music the way I like it:|
On a disk with headphones that
go over your head.
- It's not as simple as it's supposed to be. The whole idea here was to get my whole CD collection in my pocket, right? With superior sound. Except, hours later and I've got three CD's on my player. I can get 10 in my travel case in less than a minute. And I get the whole - once it's done, it's done thing, but still.
- And buying music. Okay, on the one hand, the concept of buying one song for pretty cheap has some appeal. Like when you really hate a band but you like this one song. *cough*Nickleback*cough* But for the most part I'm a purist, I like my albums all albumy, like beginning to end. And yes, I can still download a whole album, but I feel like this one-song-downloady stuff is
ruining the music business by encouraging groups to put out a whole bunch of meaningless singles with no connection and no albuminess.
- I keep losing it.
|Nice logo, though.|
|Note: Not clothing|
3. Lady Gaga - At first I thought this was going to be like a kid thing. One of those groups that everyone's kids listen to and no adults really do. But I know all kinds of really intelligent people who loooove Lady Gaga. And I - just don't get it.
|I'm sorry, Amy.|
5. "Couponing" - Thankfully, I think this whole thing is dying down. I am all about saving money. And I have a little coupon organizer and I take it to the grocery and stuff, but I don't need another full time job. My actual full time job and parenting are plenty, thank you.
Anyone want to sway me? Explain to me what I'm missing? Or tell me what you're missing?