I've never met a mom who didn't carry a lot of bizarre things in their purse. Tiny toys, diaper wipes, tissues... At a birthday party this weekend, I watched a friend of mine whip a wet wipe out of her purse like it was the most natural thing in the world.
That got me thinking about the weird stuff I carry. I've actually pared it down quite a bit since I recently moved into a (much smaller) old purse. And I thought I would share.
Five Strange Things in My Purse Right Now
1. Four Tubes of Lip Gloss - You'd think I was some sort of weird lip gloss addict, but I almost never remember I have any. I've got a tube that's Coke flavored that Santa brought me, a tube of cherry Carmex and two tubes of Burt's Bees. One's never been opened. I just realized that.
2. My Kid's MP3 Player - Brynna recently lost all of the cords to everything she owns. We're down to sharing a Nook cord and I guess I'm going to have to buy a new cord for her DS and oh, yeah, her mp3 player, because I can't charge it without the cord. And whenever she finds it, she whines about how she wants to listen to it. So I put in the little zipper pocket in my purse. Yes, I'm hiding her stuff from her. It's for her own good. Who am I kidding? It's for my own sanity.
3. The Case to a Pair of Lost Sunglasses - A couple of birthdays ago, my baby brother bought me a pair of Oakley's for my birthday. If you've ever owned a pair, you just sighed with joy. They are my favorite things in the whole wide world. The frames pop apart so kids can't break them! Anyway, I lost them in the fall and after months of weeping, I've finally given up and decided to buy another pair. But, in the meantime, I'm still carrying the old case. You wanna know why? They make their cases out of the microfibery stuff you're supposed to clean glasses and electronics with. That's why.
4. An Entire Card of Giant Bobby Pins - I don't know. Except that it has a thing on the card to help you open the bobby pin and I guess I want to keep them together. Maybe.
5. Mardi Gras Beads - I have two sets. They are orange and black and have great big things hanging from them. They're a giveaway from something my boss went to and I'm saving them for bribery. Except they are so ugly I'm not sure they'll work.
Okay, so what's the weirdest thing in your purse, ladies?