Today, I dropped my kids off and I won't see them again until Sunday. This is one of the worst things, the every other weekend thing. And the truth is that the weekends themselves aren't so bad. I do fun things, I hang out. I go to movies. I take quilting classes. I clean out my kids toys while they aren't home to pull out everything I want to sell and declare their undying love for a toy they haven't seen in four years. But Friday morning, kissing them goodbye like it's any other day and knowing that they are going to be gone for the whole, long weekend. That is rough.
So, I present:
Five Small Blessings on this Friday:
1. It's Friday - Who can be all verklempt when they don't have to go to work the next morning. Seriously.
2. It's Sunny - I love the cold weather and rain and general gloominess, but in the heart of winter, I don't get to see much of the sun and today is a happy reminder that it still exists.
3. Red Spoons - I took my lunch money today and got myself a sandwich and some ice cream with a lovely long handled red spoon. So cheery, a red spoon.
4. Movies with Grandma - Tomorrow's the day. Scary movies, HO!
5. Girls Night Out - I've got a friend coming in town tomorrow night to hang out and play cards. And that's truly awesome.
And now... to announce the winner of one $25 AMC Gift Card in honor of my 500th post.....
So, Suze, I'll get this to you next week and I hope you have a wonderful time at the movies.