Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Miscellany

Yesterday, I probably walked more than I normally do in a week, around the various museums and while normally, I am always up for an abnormal amount of walking, I totally did it in the wrong shoes yesterday, plus, afterwards, I spent a long time in a car, so... My legs hurt. A lot. I can't seem to make the comfortable. They are sore sitting down and sore propped up, sore laying in bed and sore walking some more.
___________________

Despite that I went to Big Box Retailer of Doom today and walked around on their hard, hard floors and bought kids' clothes. We stocked up and are officially ready for summer camps. Three bathing suits, three beach towels, ten short and t-shirt outfits, 2 pair of tennies and 2 pairs of flip flops. (We didn't buy all that today, just what we still needed.)

Plus Maren got some new sandals.

Plus, toilet bowl cleaner and some caffeine for mama. And my legs still hurt.
___________________

Tomorrow, the HVAC guy is coming to give us central air. I could not be more thrilled. I can't even imagine how wonderful it will be for our house to be filled with cool air AND be able to hear the TV. Hopefully, the new furnace and upgrade to central air will also raise the value of the house.

As a result of this, I spent most of my morning cleaning my basement. Not that it's actually clean now, but there is a nice wide path of clean that goes everywhere they might need to walk. There is still, however, a giant pile of garbage FROM MY MOVE HERE. THREE YEARS AGO. Do you remember the Trash Heap from Fraggle Rock? Yeah, it's like that. Only, it's primarily boxes and stuff that got broken in the move. So, it's not quite that gross.

Also, there's a big pile of toys down there that need to be done something with. The plan is eventually to finish the basement and have a nice family room/play area for the kids, but that's going to be years down the line. In the meantime, it's a hell-hole of doom.

Now, they are going to have to come upstairs to do something to the thermostat, so I need the upstairs clean too. So, I should finish up my cleaning about midnight. And he's going to be here at 6:30 a.m. Argh.
_____________________________

I am finally caught up on my blog reading. I took a four day vacation and it's taken me most of the day to get caught up. I'm glad that I did it, but boy, it was exhausting.
_____________________________

I hope everyone has a good night. Tomorrow, I'm going to try another one of Mama Kat's Writing Workshop posts.

Stay tuned.

No comments: