Five Things on Friday is a weekly list of five things. Subject to be determined by me, but feel free to make suggestions in the comments. I will list my five things and then open the comments up to you, my loyal followers, readers, fans, groupies, what have you. Please respond. Or else, I'll feel all alone in the Earth. It'll be bad. Really.
For the most part, I don't mind not being like everyone else. You know, a little different. A little outside the box. I am okay with being my own person, marching to my own drum, that stuff.
But sometimes, I feel like the only person in the world. So, here are five things that make me feel all alone.
1. Bacon - Am I the only human on Earth who doesn't like bacon? There are even exceptions. I love a good BLT, or even just bacon and tomato sandwiches (my grandma's specialty). And, if there's no sausage, I can handle bacon with my waffles. But there seems to be this prevailing attitude in the world, that everything is better with bacon. I don't get it. In the first place, bacon on top of meat is not an appropriate topping. In the second place, bacon is not for dessert. I just don't get it.
2. George Clooney/Robert Redford - These two are pretty interchangeable in my mind except for a few years. They are the pretty boys that everyone loves (except me) and they are kinda... well... skeezey. Don't they seem a little slimy, a little too perfect for anyone else.
3. Miley - Sometimes I feel like the only adult in the world who doesn't have a hate-on for little Miley Cyrus. Frankly, I think you all (and feel free to exempt yourself from this) are holding her to a little too high a standard. Okay, she's not a kid anymore and she doesn't act like one. Is that somehow a crime? I'm not digging every decision she's made (the stripper pole was particularly disturbing) but at the end of the day, she's a teenager who's experimenting with her own image and her own tastes. Just like every other teenager in the world. What she hasn't done is show up pregnant, drug addicted, alcohol addicted or anything else addicted. She hasn't committed any crimes, run down any kids in her giant SUV or flashed her lady bits getting out of a limo. So, let's all cut her some slack, okay?
4. Roses/Diamonds - I am not a rose girl, okay? I know it's weird, but just accept it. They are the stereotypical flower and I'm not into them. And diamonds? They're clear. What's the appeal?
5. Eyebrows - I don't get the obsession. Waxing, threading, coloring, etc. Some people have really weird eyebrows that need help, but for most people, just leave them alone. Making them look all groomed just draws attention to them.
So, there you have it. Sound off and let me know that's I'm not alone, or at least that you're alone with me.