I'm giving up on Friday Memes. Because no one sends me memes anymore. I can only assume it's because you all hate Friday Memes and have decided to never pass one on to me again. I have ignored this situation as long as I can. It's time for a new Friday feature. Yes, I know, I have a Monday feature that I ignore more than do, but whatevs. New Friday feature. Because I can't be trusted to think on Fridays.
Five Things on Friday will be a weekly list of five things. Subject to be determined by me, but feel free to make suggestions in the comments. I will list my five things and then open the comments up to you, my loyal followers, readers, fans, groupies, what have you. Please respond. Or else, I'll feel all alone in the Earth. It'll be bad. Really.
Five Little Happies
Little happies are the tiny things that make you happy. No, "my baby's laugh," because that's not little, that's big. Another human life that sprung from your loins big, so don't pretend it's little. This is the genuinely little stuff that makes you disproportionally happy.
1. New Books - There is little on this planet more satisfying to me than a brand, spanking new book. With that new book smell and those crisp, unstained, unwrinkled, un-dog-eared pages. Not to mention the new world that is about to unfold. I'm sorry, have I never mentioned I was a lit major?
2. Showers - Very hot, melt the paint off the walls, good strong water pressure, medium to hard water, smelly-good soap showers. Not a bath person, me.
3. The Doctor Who theme song - Since the song has no words, I can only imagine that the reaction is Pavlovian, but recently I downloaded it as a ringtone and set it as the ringtone for all of my doctors. (Yes, I have many, I'm old, shut it.) Now, I can't wait for a doctor to call me. But when they do, I don't want to answer because I don't want to make the song quit playing. It's a thing.
4. Shoes - Yeah, I'm a girl. I love to shop for shoes, browse shoes, shoe watch at the mall, read about shoes. I hate to wear shoes and am barefoot more than shod, but I still love shoes. Any kind.
5. Teen movies - Dazed and Confused is my favorite, but I also love Pretty in Pink, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, The Breakfast Club, Varsity Blues, Teaching Mrs. Tingle, 10 Things I Hate About You, Can't Hardly Wait and Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist. If it is aimed as disillusioned, outcasts between 14 and 17, I'm in. Sad, but true.
Okay, so there you have it. Five little happies. Share 1 or 3 or 5 or 7 with me. No even numbers need apply, apparently.