Friday, September 4, 2009

This Post is Nothing to Get Excited About

It's been a long week. I have been consistently behind on everything I had to do. I have cleaned my house from top to bottom to host my church group, I have been sick and well and sick and kinda well again. I have not written, and for that I am sorry.

Now, it's going to be a long weekend. It's funny how those two phrases (long week and long weekend) have such different connotations. Say "a long week" and you will see me deflate before your eyes. Say "a long weekend" and you can feel my excitement.

I'll make a confession, though: I don't get Labor Day. I just don't understand the concept. I am grateful for it, because otherwise the stretch between July 4 and Thanksgiving would be unbearable. Perhaps that's what it's all about. Perhaps someone long ago was writing down all the important American holidays and said, "Wow, we are good November through February, but we something to break up the late summer/early fall period."

I'd like to be in the developmental meeting that decided that what we should be celebrating on that day was hard work. By not working. I'm sure it sounded something like a pitch meeting for Seinfeld.

All this is to say that I am really not up to writing a real, live blog post that's like interesting or funny or something. And I feel guilty just skipping out on you, since that Wizards of Waverly Place picture has been up since Tuesday.

And it is Friday, so I could do a Friday meme, but I haven't gotten any good ones lately, so I'd have to search for memes, which sounds easy but really isn't. Try it, google meme. You'll be impressed by how much it isn't what you thought it would be.

So, have a nice weekend. I'll try to check in. Enjoy your extra day if you get one. I'll enjoy mine plenty.

No comments: