Tuesday, June 23, 2009

All My Tomorrows

So, I have a lot of things that I plan, vaguely on doing "tomorrow." I never write these things down because I would then have to admit that it is more than I could possibly ever accomplish in one day. I never think about them in conjunction with one another because then I would have to admit that I only really have about ten minutes unaccounted for tomorrow and that shall be used to lay in front of the air conditioner and pray for September. Oh, who am I kidding, it's at least December before I cool down.

So... I am going to do it. I am going to write them all down and start thinking about checking some of them off. Because I'm at work, where it's climate controlled and because I am getting fed up with some aspects of my current life. Like the fact that there are sleeping bags in my living room from an inside campout TWO WEEKENDS AGO!

Here are the things that I plan on doing "tomorrow*"

1. Catch up on the freaking laundry - I am so behind on laundry, I don't know how I'm going to pack the kids' overnight bags for tomorrow because they have no clean clothes. I am so behind that each night, as I'm laying down, I pray that the girls have accident free nights because they have no clean sheets and I can't bring myself to wash sheets until they have some socks and underwear.

2. Pack up my winter clothes and take them downstairs. I have had the box half full of winter clothes and half full of summer clothes in my bedroom floor since April, at least.

3. Clean out my car. From my vacation. Two weeks ago. A few days I found a can of Diet Coke rattling around in my floorboard. Yesterday I found a can of Sprite. If I don't do this soon, something is going to explode and then I will have to clean sticky crap off my ceiling. Been there, done that, never going to do it again.

4. Reorganize my bathroom closet. I can't find the bandaids or my good smelling lotion or the toilet paper. That's probably bad.

5. Clean Brynna's room. I would normally make her do it, and I'll make her help, but it's way past her being capable of doing herself. It's actually, as of last night, way past her being able to walk through by herself.

6. Finish the bookclub book. Then read the new Dresden book, because I got it yesterday and I'm sure there's a wait list, so I can't renew it.

*Please note that tomorrow's schedule looks like this: Get up, put a load of laundry in the washer, get ready for work, go to work, go to bookclub, admit that I am only halfway through the book, go home, put a load of laundry in the washer, look at the living room with disgust, watch Food Network in the bedroom.

I am well aware that none of these things will get tomorrow, but at least I've admitted to myself that it's hopeless. It's time to burn the house down and collect the insurance. (Crap, now if my house is legitimately struck by lightning and burns to the ground, they'll claim it was arson.)

No comments: