Monday, January 19, 2009

Sleeping Late

Remember when holidays meant sleeping late? Those days are gone for me.

This morning my husband got up to go to work and left the alarm set. I said, "No, no, turn that off, I have nowhere to go and I'm staying in bed." That was at 6:30. At 6:35, Brynna woke up. At 6:38, Maren woke up. So much for my sleeping in.

I guess I should be grateful for getting to sit around in my pajamas. On a normal Monday, I'd be on my way to the grocery by now. Maren and I would be dressed in real clothes and Brynna would be at school.

But really, I'd give my eye teeth to be laying in bed dozing or sleeping or even watching grown-up TV. Instead, I'm watching Handy Manny and blogging and my headache is already off the charts! I have so much to do today and all I want to do is go to bed. I miss life before children. Of course, I wouldn't give up the girls for all the sleep in the world. I mean, seriously, I've only got about 14 years until they are both capable of getting up without me on holidays. Maybe even less.

I can sleep in 14 years, right? I sure hope so.

No comments: