Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Dentists Are Creepy

Dentists are creepy. The whole thought of being a dentist is creepy. Sticking your hands in someone's mouth. Poking around their teeth, all that spit and breath. Tiny needles stuck directly in gums. Drills and the smell of burning hair. Creepy.

So, I need to call a dentist. I am in such incredible pain, it isn't even funny. I have been putting this off for my entire maternity leave. Now, I have to go back to work in three days and I know that I have waited too long and I have too much damage to get it fixed before I go back.

I feel the need to go at least once before I return to work though, to prove that I at least tried to fit this stuff in while I wasn't working. Then, I'll try to wait a couple of week before I take off to have my teeth drilled. Of course, the thought that an appointment tomorrow might provide me with a reprieve from the pain is incentive, too.

And yet, I can't bring myself to call. Partially because I have no clue how I'm going to pay for all this work my teeth desperately need. But also because dentists are creepy.

For some strange reason, I also feel the need to brush and floss before I call. Seriously, like they can hear my dirty teeth over the phone, but there you have it. I must be insane. So, here we go, the crazy lady is reaching for her phone...

No comments: