Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I know it's been a while and some of you will not think this is the best way to get back on the blogging horse, but I have to share something with you guys.

Many of you who know me, know that through all three of my pregnancies now, I have relied pretty solidly on a group of total and complete strangers. I bulletin board. I join a mommy board with other ladies who have the same due date as I do and I post and post and read and read and bond. Many of these ladies I don't agree with. There are often spirited debates. In fact, some of them I don't even really like. But most of them I get really attached to. I have been through divorces, drug rehab, teenage pregnancy, stillbirth, miscarriage and stints in NICU with the women that I meet on my bulletin boards and I can't say enough good things about all the peace and sanity they provide my poor, hormone riddled mind.

A mere three weeks ago (although it seems like half a lifetime) my friend Niffy (I think her real name is Jenn, but considering I spend my whole on-line life as LadyJess, who cares?) gave birth via c-section to her beautiful daughter MacKenzie. The only problem is that Niffy was only 26 weeks and some change pregnant. Baby Mac (as we board ladies fondly refer to her) is living the NICU life and it is not easy. Poor sweet Mac has only just this week reached the two pound mark and her feedings are measured in cc's. (Like IV meds.) It's a hard thing to read about some days and the pictures of poor little Baby Mac hooked up to all that machinery is sometimes more than I can take. But, the courage and love that she and her sweet, funny mom have is pretty amazing and inspiring. If you are looking for faith that good things can come from desperate times, read about Baby Mac here: http://mackenziealexander.blogspot.com/. I promise, you'll be glad that you did.

No comments: