Thursday, April 10, 2008

Big, big news

So, I am pregnant! It's news so big, I keep trying to make it cute and/or exciting, but it's too big and I can't get it without just blurting. I'm barely pregnant, too. Just five weeks in, so it's still exceptable, nay expected to keep it myself. But now everyone in my family, my boss, my husband's boss and a select few of my friends know. I can restrain myself from calling people up out of the blue, but I can't seem to keep my mouth shut once I'm actually having a conversation with someone.

And the worst part is that no one is as excited as me. I don't blame anyone. Second children aren't as exciting, plus it's not time to be excited yet. The baby won't be here until December, so really, you just can't sustain excitement that long.

I can though. I am so excited I can barely stand still. And I can't decide which is more pressing, looking online for the perfect coming-home-from-the-hospital outfit or looking for the elusive and nearly non-existant cute, plus-sized, maternity clothes.

And there is so much else to do. I have to find my maternity clothes that I already have and analyze what I need and go through the baby stuff and analyze what I need. The only thing I know for sure is that I need a bathtub. I threw the last one away because of a really annoying leak. I have to decorate a nursery, which means I have to find a new home for a playroom. And what am I doing? Blogging and watching Gilmore Girls. It doesn't seem like December will ever get here and it also doesn't seem like I can ever get everything done in time.

Thank God for my husband. At least I don't need to stress alone.

1 comment:

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.