So, over the past couple of weeks, I have discovered several important lessons. I thought I would share some of them with you, to save you the trouble that I've been through.
Because I'm kind like that.
Five Quick Life Hacks
1. Never name a blog post "Master Debater" because you think it's funny. No one else will think it's that funny, but every spam bot in the realm will pick up on it and it will be a practically full time job to click over and make sure that none of them got through the filters.
2. Do not teach yourself to knit hours after having an IV in your hand. Although you may be successful, all that motion in your hand that you are not used to will make your IV site swell up like a knot and get really sore. You'll get to the point where you can barely move your hand and it will take literally weeks for the tenderness to go away. In that time, you will forget how to knit and have to start all over.
3. Going to the grocery physical labor. You may not think so, but there is a lot of bending over and picking things up and pushing heavy things around. Remember this in the days after surgery.
4. Do not forget to let the dog out before you go to work. Just don't. Trust me on this one.
5. Do not help your child make school projects out of air-dry clay. The night before they are due, the clay will crack, the whole project will fall apart in spectacular fashion and you'll end up sending your child to bed and doing it for them because all their hard work was wasted. They will, however, get 100% on the project.
Have you learned any valuable life lessons recently?