Soo... I'm not going to say it. I'm not going to acknowledge it at all. And you guys, well, you either know what I'm talking about and are going to play along and ignore it, or you don't wait for my next post with bated breath and you don't care.
The problem is that I still can't talk about what's really bothering me and we all know, I like to talk about what's bothering me. I was hoping that it would be quick and I'd be able to quit being cryptic, but it isn't, so crypticity 'r' us.
So, instead of talking about the giant elephant in room, here are
Five Things I'd Rather Talk About:
1. NaNoWriMo - Yeah, I'm doing this thing. In case you don't remember, I was a Camp Winner this year, so I'm feeling all optimistic about it. I'm actually running about three days ahead of schedule, so I might try to get it done before Thanksgiving. You know, making it a little more challenging. (snort) I'm feeling really good about this story. It has a pretty clear arc and I like most of the characters. The bad guy needs some work. Next month, when I'm working on edits, I may post an excerpt. You know, for the fun.
2. Polar Bears and Christmas Music - I know people usually hate Christmas preparations starting early. I'm having a very crafty Christmas this year, though, so if I don't start now, it won't be pretty. I was very excited to buy my first case of polar bear coke cans. Not so excited to hear the Christmas music on the radio already. Mostly because it was reminding me of how little I've gotten done, though.
3. The Time Change - I know I whine a lot when the time changes in the Spring, and I'm sure that most of you wonder why. But I'd really like for someone to explain to me why they are whining about an extra hour of sleep. I think it's delicious that I'm tired at 10:00. You know why? Because I'm supposed to go to bed at 10:00. And the fact that 5:45 feels like 6:45 - amazing! Whine, whine, it's dark when you get home. It's always dark when I get home.
4. Plaid Couches - I spend a good portion of my time at home, now staring at my plaid couches and wondering how to make them less plaid. I liked them when I bought them. And I don't hate them now, but wow, do they limit my redecorating efforts. Of course, my budget of $0 also limits my redecorating efforts, but still. Stupid plaid couches.
5. Laundry - DOES IT NEVER END?!?!?!? Also, why is it that only one of us can have clean clothes at a time. I literally had to do laundry for Maren last night because she had nothing to wear and I would have had to do laundry for Brynna, too, except she wasn't home. This weekend, I need to clean my kitchen, get rolling on Christmas crafting, work on cleaning up the basement, teach Maren to ride two wheels and, oh yeah, 28 loads of laundry. I wish that were an exaggeration.
What about you? What do you want to talk about?