Monday, February 27, 2012

Quotable Quotations

I'm a sucker for quotes. I have this thing for people who said it better than I do. It has something to do with my adoration of all things wordy. I have this whole plan that someday, I'm gonna finish my basement and then I'm going to decorate it in "wordy" things. Big & book ends and scrabble tile art and books everywhere and huge quote posters and murals.

Because nothing says happiness to me quite like being surrounded by words.

On this bright, shiny (outside) dull, dreary (in my office) Monday, I thought I'd share some of my current favorites. Courtesy of Pinterest, of course:

Cannot find original. Apologies and
Promises to fix it if you inform me that this is,
indeed, your image.
Abraham Lincoln apparently once said that the problem with Internet quotes is that you can't verify them. Or something like that. And of course, I have no idea if my Dead-Scientist-Boyfriend, Albert Einstein actually said this, but it makes perfect sense, doesn't it. Everybody is a genius and a super-hero and a star. Other people can see it, we should be able to as well.


Originally pinned from "Live, Love, Laugh..."
I love that this is attributed to Albus Dumbledore rather than J.K. Rowling. Because, of course, he's a real person, saying real things. Cryptic, magical, amazing things. Turn on the light! You might bang your shins getting there, but it'll be worth it in the end.

From Emily McDowell.
You should check out her cool posters.
Silly, but oh so very, very true.

Cannot find original. Apologies and
Promises to fix it if you inform me that this is,
indeed, your image.

This is something I am constantly reminding myself of right now. I have a tendency to blame myself for everything and while plenty of it may actually be my fault, that doesn't mean that I can't expect people to love me and stand by me anyway. I, like Marilyn, and fierce.
And worth it.

From Handmade Ryan Gosling 

Okay, so this is silly, but it made me laugh. And drool. Which is sometimes all you need.

Any favorite quotes you'd like to share?

No comments: