You may have picked up that I am not a morning person. I actually hate mornings. And I hate getting up early and getting out of the house. But I have to. And because I can't help looking at the bright side some days, I thought I would share the
Five Things that Make It Almost, But Not Quite Worth Getting Up
1. Sunrises - For the most part, I think sunrises are a watery and poor substitute for sunsets. However, every once in a while, I'll see a sunrise that really takes my breath away. Wednesday was one of those days. What I love about a good sunrise is that the colors are totally different from anything else you'll ever see, and like a rainbow, they are really hard to capture on film.
2. That extra half hour in the office - I get to work at least a half hour before I'm supposed to and at least 45 minutes before anyone else does. Sometimes I use that time to just play on the computer and sometimes I use it to get caught up on work or clean off my desk. Whatever I do, I do it in the complete peace and quiet that only comes from being the only person there. It's relaxing and calming and I wouldn't give it up.
3. Traffic - At night when I'm making my rounds, picking everyone up and heading back home, the traffic is at its worst. But in the morning, specifically, at 6:45 in the morning, it's just me and the truckers on the interstate. Okay, so the car line at school can be ridiculous, but otherwise, traffic that early moves pretty smoothly. It's nice to only have one rush hour a day.
4. Cold - I know I'm an odd duck, but I like cold weather. And it's so brisk in the early morning, you can almost feel the frost in the air. I love that. I love coats and hats and scarves, too. The downside to this is windshield scraping and bundling up the kids - who constantly loose their mittens, etc. But for me, walking out that door into the cold, still-night air is one of the best moments of my day.
5. Wildlife - Nothing has gone to bed yet and everything is beginning to wake, so living in the middle of nowhere, I see very cool creatures ear-lie in the morning. Deer, coyotes, raccoons, the occasional bat, turtles, rabbits, skunks. Everything headed out or headed home.
What's your biggest dark cloud and are there any silver linings?