Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Stressity Stressed Stressed Stressed

I'm having a bad week. Last week was also a bad week. It's not bad - per se - it's just really stressful. I've got a lot on my mind and when I've got a lot on my mind, I can't seem to focus on much more than the lot that's there - on my mind. Everything else becomes a big blur of random thinkiness: maybe yellow in the kitchen, where's my shoes, I don't own a vacuum, I think I'm supposed to be working, when does Brynna start upwards?

In other words, I develop SIADD - Stress Induced Attention Deficit Disorder*.

This makes writing hard. It also makes working hard. And making a grocery list, on which I have spent the last hour. The only two things I can sucessfully do are housecleaning - I don't know why. And surf the internet.

I am an archetype of productivity.

In any case, I thought I would give you a selection of cute kid things:

Brynna is getting a lot of compliments on her new hair. I am loving it, because she was feeling pretty down about how everyone always compliments Maren on her curls. Every time someone tells her that her hair is pretty, however, she responds by saying, "It was supposed to be a punishment, but I love it. I don't think Mommy understands punishments."

**

Maren is having nightmares about zoo animals. Of course this sucks because it's nightmares and she wakes up and then I have to wake up, but it does produce these hillarious conversations regarding whether or not the lion knocked over her smelly oil (reed diffuser) or if the monkeys are coming to Brynna's room. It's nice to have the humor at three a.m.**

**

Brynna was very tired the other night and wanted to go to sleep in the car. After I strapped her in, I reclined her seat a bit so she would be "laying down." She asked me to show her how to use the lever and now she nearly always rides reclined. However, if you say something she doesn't like, she'll bug her eyes out and pop it up suddenly, so she's like a shocked jack-in-the-box. Then, she very slowly lowers the seat again - as if to let you know that you're on notice.

*Not a real thing

**Or so I tell myself at three a.m.

No comments: