Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Conversations with a Four Year Old

Me: I'm just saying...

The Husband: I know, I was being a dick.

Brynna: You shouldn't say "dick" daddy.

TH: Look of horror. You're right. I shouldn't say that word.

Brynna: Because it's not nice to make fun of people.

TH: Who am I making fun of?

Brynna: Granddaddy. His name is Dick.

TH: Well, actually...

Jessi: That's right, Daddy was making fun of Granddaddy and that's not very nice. Thank you Brynna.

______________

Jessi: Look, Brynna, we're in line behind Andrew.

Brynna: Oh, cool. Say "hi" for me.

Jessi: Okay Waits for Andrew to get out of his car. In the meantime, teacher comes to our car.

Brynna: I'm not getting out because you didn't say hi to Andrew for me.

Jessi: But, if you get out right now, you can say hi to him yourself.

Brynna: Oooh! Love you mommy, bye.

_________________

Brynna: I need a jacket.

Jessi: I know it's chilly right now, but it's going to get hot and then you'll be stuck dragging around a jacket all day. Are you sure that's what you want?

Brynna: I'm cold and I'm going to turn into a Popsicle if I don't get a jacket.

Jessi: Okay, okay, I'll get you a jacket. Wait here.

Brynna: Noooo. It's cold out here and I'll turn into a Popsicle and my lunch will turn into a Popsicle and then I won't be able to eat it.

Jessi: It's fine. You'll be fine.

Brynna: Noooooo.

Jessi: Okay, come in the kitchen, but don't go past the kitchen.

Brynna: Okay.

Jessi: goes to get jacket, returns Why are you in the living room playing with toys when I specifically said not to go past the kitchen?

Brynna: But I'm ready. Let's go. Oh, is that the jacket you want me to wear?

Jessi: Yes, why?

Brynna: It's kinda warm. It's gonna get hot today and then I'll be stuck dragging around that super-warmy jacket all day.

Jessi: Yes, yes you will.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha, ha, and ha. I love hearing your funny Montessori parent stories--a different perspective. I want to visit her school sometime.
ann

Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

Too funny!

Suze said...

V. cute.

BTW, I'm actually working on that crafty pay it forward stuff. Can you email me your snail mail addy? My email is my first initial and my last name (didn't change it) with no punctuation at gmail.