Note about Jessi's Emmy picks: Jessi in no way claims to understand the minds of whatever idiots vote for awards shows. Jessi feels that the best people are never nominated and then the best people nominated are never awarded. Jessi believes from the depths of her heart that it's all just an excuse to dress up anyway, but she can't stop rooting for the people she loves or crying when they fail. Jessi is also more than ready to stop speaking of herself in third person, so here we go:
Each category will contain a should have been nominated but wasn't, a should win and a I bet will win.
Best Comedy Series
- ''Family Guy
- 'Flight of the Conchords' - Should win
- 'How I Met Your Mother'
- 'The Office'
- '30 Rock' - Will win
- Should have been nominated "Big Bang Theory" - am I a total geek because every week I cry laughing at this show?
Best Actor in a Comedy Series:
- Alec Baldwin, '30 Rock'
- Steve Carell, 'The Office'
- Jemaine Clement, 'Flight of the Conchords'
- Jim Parsons, 'The Big Bang Theory' - should win - really love this show
- Tony Shalhoub, 'Monk'
- Charlie Sheen, 'Two and a Half Men' - will win
- Should have been nominated - Josh Radnor "How I Met Your Mother"
Best Actress in a Comedy Series:
- Christina Applegate, 'Samantha Who?'
- Toni Collette, 'United States of Tara'
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus, 'The New Adventures of Old Christine'
- Tina Fey, '30 Rock' - should win/will win - Tina Fey rocks. She could win every year and I'd never get sick of it.
- Mary-Louise Parker, 'Weeds'
- Sarah Silverman, 'The Sarah Silverman Program'
- Should have been nominated - Sarah Chalke - Scrubs
Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series:
- Jon Cryer, 'Two and a Half Men' - will win - Why does Emmy love this stinkin' show so much. It has sucked since Rose left.
- Kevin Dillon, 'Entourage'
- Neil Patrick Harris, 'How I Met Your Mother' - should win
- Jack McBrayer, '30 Rock'
- Tracy Morgan, '30 Rock'
- Rainn Wilson, 'The Office'
- Should have been nominated - Kunal Nayyar "Big Bang Theory"
Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series:
- Kristin Chenoweth, 'Pushing Daisies' - should win - and then the show should be brought back. Such a loss.
- Jane Krakowski, '30 Rock' - will win
- Elizabeth Perkins, 'Weeds'
- Amy Poehler, 'Saturday Night Live'
- Kristin Wiig, 'Saturday Night Live'
- Vanessa Williams, 'Ugly Betty'
- Should have been nominated - I got nothin'
Best Drama Series:
- 'Big Love'
- 'Breaking Bad' - should win
- 'Mad Men' - will win
- Should have been nominated - Supernatural - The horror/sci-fi shows never get their props
Best Actor in a Drama Series:
- Simon Baker, 'The Mentalist'
- Gabriel Byrne, 'In Treatment'
- Bryan Cranston, 'Breaking Bad' - should win
- Michael C. Hall, 'Dexter'
- Jon Hamm, 'Mad Men'
- Hugh Laurie, 'House' - will win (but I don't begrudge him)
- Should have been nominated - Jensen Ackles "Supernatural" Okay, I know that he's really probably not Emmy good. But, look at him...
Best Actress in a Drama Series:
- Glenn Close, 'Damages'
- Sally Field, 'Brothers & Sisters'
- Mariska Hargitay, 'Law & Order: SVU'
- Holly Hunter, 'Saving Grace' - will win
- Elisabeth Moss, 'Mad Men'
- Kyra Sedgwick, 'The Closer' - should win
- should have been nominated - Lisa Edelstein "House" - It was a big season for Cuddy!
Supporting Actor in a Drama Series:
- Christian Clemenson, 'Boston Legal'
- Michael Emerson, 'Lost'
- William Hurt, 'Damages'
- Aaron Paul, 'Breaking Bad' - should win
- William Shatner, 'Boston Legal' - will win
- John Slattery, 'Mad Men'
- Should have been nominated - Jared Padalecki, "Supernatural (I know, again. I blush in shame at my inability to control my obsession.
Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: - Whatever, you know women play on shows other than Grey's. I have no patience with this crap.
- Rose Byrne, 'Damages'
- Hope Davis, 'In Treatment'
- Cherry Jones, 'In Treatment'
- Sandra Oh, 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Dianne Wiest, 'In Treatment'
- Chandra Wilson, 'Grey's Anatomy'
Reality Competition Program:
- 'The Amazing Race' - will win, because it's all feel-goody
- 'American Idol'
- 'Dancing With The Stars'
- 'Project Runway'
- 'Top Chef' - should win
- Should have been nominated - Iron Chef America
- 'Antiques Roadshow'
- 'Dirty Jobs' - should win
- 'Dog Whisperer'
- 'Intervention' - will win
- 'Kathy Griffin: My Life On The D-List'
- Should have been nominated - Deadliest Catch, I can't stop watching this