Sunday, March 29, 2009

Pretend it's Saturday, er, Friday

Welcome to the first installment of What's in My Crochet Bag! Here it is:

I am currently working on a little babyh sweater. It's a cute little thing with a ruffle all the way around it. I started it as soon as I found out that Maren was a girl, but then I got distracted, so I'm trying to finish it. The problem is that it's a size 0-3 months. So she probably won't be able to wear it. Although it looks like it's going to be huge, so we'll see. Anyway, not finishing it would just be a waste of yarn, so I'm working away on it this week.

The purple is just plain Red Hart Baby sport weight, but the variagated is a super-nice Bernat Softee. It is so soft, I'd like to make sheets out of it. I love to take little breaks and rub it up against my face.

If you are interested, the pattern is from a little Bernat Softee Baby book called Little Girsl to knit and crochet. I did a sweater for Brynna out of it last year (a size 4T that is still too big for my 5 girl). Typically, I find that books with both knit and crochet have only a couple of crochet and are kind of a waste of money for me. This book has two crochet sweaters, two crochet blankets and a crochet doll and the only knit is a teddy bear and a blanket.

In other news, I finally finished the 3 month pictures today and they turned out pretty well, if I do say so myself. I'm also just in under the 4 month deadline.

Doesn't that just melt your socks!! I love that face, and I'm telling you, nothing in creation is as cute as a baby in a bonnet. Now, if only I hadn't gotten the marker scribble in there. Anyone know photoshop well enough to crop that sucker out?

I also got this:
I took like 25 and this is the only one where they were bothing looking at the camera. Seriously, you would think a four year old could handle that better than the baby, but I have at least 10 where Maren is looking right at me and Brynna is staring off into space with her head turned all funny.

Anyway, I'm glad to have some good shots and I can't wait to get them printed and see how they turn out on paper. This is normally the point where I would hope everyone has a good weekend, but since it's only 2 and a half hours until the week begins all over again, sleep well is the best I can do.

No comments: