Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Last Day of Work

Today is my last day of work before maternity leave. I am ready to go!! I got everything finished that needs to be finished and now I am killing time until 12. Or, more accurately, hoping to leave before 12.

I am really excited and nervous at the same time. I think that reaching this little milestone has made me realize just how close I really am to having Maren at home with me. The nursery is ready, except for the curtains - and my husband swears he's going to hang them tonight. I guess I am ready. (You're never really ready are you?!?)

And I have plenty to do in the next seven days to fill my time. Tomorrow, of course, is Thanksgiving and although in some ways it has been a really rough year, I can't tell you how much I really have to be thankful for!!

Then black Friday. I will definately try to post and let you all know how it went black Friday shopping with the belly. It'll either be a huge asset or a big liability, no in between I'm sure!! Plus, Kohl's opens at 4 a.m. this year!! I'm almost positive it was 5 last year. I don't think KB or K-Mart open until 6. So, we may be swinging over to Wal-Mart (which is completely dreaded!!)

Saturday, we are going to put up the Christmas tree! Hooray. I love the tree and Brynna is super-excited. I also want to get it done early so that we know what we need new this year as far as decorations go. Of course, there will have to be a baby's first Christmas ornament, but I'm not sure if we have a stocking for the baby and I'm pretty sure we don't have a stocking holder.

Sunday will be regular church and Tuesday I have a Dr.'s appointment and my pre-admission testing for the surgery. So, I guess, Monday I sleep. I just hope that's the case instead of Monday, I clean.

I'll blog from the hospital, complete with pics, I promise. Ooooh, note to self, pack the card reader!!

In the meantime, everyone have a very happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments: