Monday, June 9, 2008

Minivan Momma

Alright, I bit the bullet, I did the unthinkable, I sold out to the man. I bought a minivan. And kids, I have to tell you, it's the coolest thing I've ever driven. Not only is my used minivan absolutely tricked out, but it is also just plain fun to drive. Seriously. I'm not making this up.

I do feel weirdly soccer momish in it, but I'm up off the ground, looking down at all the little cars, cruising along in my oh-so-powerful V-6. How can you not love that.

In the meantime, though, I have a challenge for anyone who has stumbled upon this madness. The minivan came with one of those license plate mounts on the front. One of the big black one and it must be filled. So, I have a few ideas...

Brynna and my husband are vying for "The Family Truckster" like from National Lampoon's Family Vacation. The problem is that no one seems to get this. And while I don't mind driving around with an inside joke published on the front of my vehicle, the most common reaction is a mean-spirited explination that a minivan is not a truck.

My second choice is something hippie driven, like "Still a hippie" or "Hippie in a Mini" something to get across the idea that this does not make me a yuppie. Or, is that kinda like "a Black Flag sticker on a Cadillac" (or for those who are old school "a deadhead sticker on a Cadillac")?

Anyway, weigh in on my license plate delima below. It's almost as important as the tomato crisis!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Since no one has commented yet, I feel the need to vote, and I'm going with Brynna and Bob.

Jessi said...

I like it. I just don't want to constantly have to explain myself. Maybe if I add a Wally World sticker or strap a dead woman to the roof of the car. You know, drop a second tiny hint.